About the Opportunity
A leading healthcare center in the New York Metropolitan area is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Director of Infection Control to join their team! Under direction of the Chief Clinical Officer, the role will provide administrative and clinical direction to the department of Infection Control & Prevention, including planning, implementing, and directing the system-wide program.
The annual base salary range is $100,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Develop and implement facility-wide infection prevention and control measures to protect patients, staff and visitors
- Conduct rounds, discussing and monitoring infection control practices with staff
- Train staff on infection control practices
- Investigate sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control
- Prioritize goals and documents risks per the Infection Prevention Plan based on the annual risk analysis
- Supervisory responsibility for Infection Control & Prevention personnel and activities including selection, orientation, and training of personnel; initiation of personnel action recommendations; manpower planning and development and fiscal accountability for establishing and controlling operating budgets
- 5 years of infection control prevention experience in a healthcare setting required
- 3 years of leadership experience required
- Valid NY RN License preferred, but not required
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) required
- Knowledge of epidemiology, infectious disease management, microbiology, public health principles, and statistical analysis of clinical data require