About the Opportunity
An established social services organization located in Manhattan is currently seeking a Spanish speaking Entitlement and Benefits Coordinator for their community centers. This organization works to strengthen and empower members of their community by offering affordable and supportive housing services. They are looking for the right candidates to aid them in their mission. In this position, you will be working alongside an interdisciplinary team of individuals who will offer the training and tools needed to be successful in the role.
The pay range for this position is $24 to $26 per hour. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of the offer. This is a contract position and temp-to-perm opportunity; you will gain access to company benefits, paid time off, and more!
- Assist participants with applying for public benefits and renewals
- Participate in extensive outreach to community members experiencing or at risk of food insecurity
- Collaborate with agency directors to create and execute educational programming on food security and SNAP benefits
- Facilitate group in-person/virtual information sessions to educate participants
- Make referrals to external service providers as needed
- Assist in outreach and promotion efforts to increase participants in the program
- Track participant progress and maintain documentation according to agency standards and procedures
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Experience with the elderly is strongly preferred
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Must have some flexibility with working hours