About the Opportunity
Our client is a private foundation with nearly three decades of experience advancing the worlds of math and science. They are seeking a temporary Facilities Coordinator to report to the Facilities Manager. The opportunity is expected to last for three months and will involve maintaining the office space and responding to occupants’ service requests. The Coordinator must be able to work onsite with weekly rotating shifts (e.g. 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.). and be available to adapt to changing work schedules in order to meet the foundation’s needs.
- Fulfill occupant’s requests, which may include but not limited to moving materials, hanging artwork, installing keyboard trays, assembly of furniture, minor repairs, etc.
- Maintain occupant comfort by operating the building management systems, adjusting thermostats, manipulating dampers and working with property management
- Keep occupants informed of requested work through the work management system, and notify occupants of abnormal conditions through the intranet in collaboration with the foundation’s communications department
- Perform rounds of the occupied spaces to identify any facilities issues and take steps to solve those issues
- Perform preventative maintenance of refrigerators, ice machines, dishwashers, water dispensers, etc.
- Respond to appliance malfunctions, plumbing problems, and any reported abnormal conditions within the office space
- Coordinate with contractors and property management to repair defects and malfunctions
- Oversee facilities contractors on site, which includes but not limited to cleaning, electrical, plants, and appliances
- Perform handyperson tasks and administrative tasks
- Must be customer-service oriented
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word
- Must be able to crouch, kneel, crawl, and climb
- Must be able to lift, pull and push over 50lbs repeatedly
- Have working knowledge of the use of hand and power tools
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, overtime, occasional nights, weekends, holidays when required to respond to office emergencies