About the Opportunity
Our client is an epilepsy center in Northern New Jersey that is seeking a skilled and compassionate Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their dynamic healthcare team. In this role, you will work in both an inpatient and outpatient setting, providing comprehensive healthcare services to patients across the lifespan, with a focus on neurology. As a valued member of their team, you will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality neurological care to our diverse patient population.
The annual base salary range is $90,000 to $130,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Provide specialized care for patients with neurological conditions, including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic neurological illnesses
- Inpatient Neurology Services: Collaborate with the healthcare team to deliver comprehensive care to patients admitted to the hospital with neurological conditions. This includes performing neurologic assessments, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing appropriate medications, and coordinating care plans
- Outpatient Neurology Services: Conduct thorough neurologic assessments, perform physical examinations focused on neurological symptoms, order and interpret diagnostic tests such as EEGs or nerve conduction studies, develop treatment plans, and provide ongoing management and support for patients with neurological conditions
- Work closely with physicians, specialists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated and effective patient care
- Advocate for patients’ needs, rights, and preferences while promoting a patient-centered and culturally sensitive approach to care
- Valid Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) license in New Jersey
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) required
- New grads welcome to apply!
- Strong clinical skills
- The ability to assess, diagnose, and manage a wide range of acute and chronic neurological conditions preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices, disease prevention, and health promotion strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with patients, families, and the healthcare team