About the Opportunity
Our client is a network of primary care practices in Queens and Brooklyn that is in search of an Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner who is bilingual in Spanish. This NP will perform a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. The right individual in this role will also participate in performance improvement, research, and educational activities.
The annual base salary range is $130,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Take initial patient histories and perform physical examinations
- Initiate, document, and communicate the plan of care and follow up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients
- Perform daily patient rounds
- Write orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests
- Interpret laboratory and test results
- Confer with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care
- Upon discharge, note discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts
- Inform patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions
- Master’s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program required
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State required
- Previous experience with adults highly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred
- Spanish fluency required