About the Opportunity
Our client is a non-profit hospital network in Brooklyn, NY that is in search of an Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner to join their team in providing top-notch treatment. This provider will perform a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. The individual will participate in performance improvement, research, and educational activities.
The annual base salary range is $100,000 to $160,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Take initial patient histories and perform physical examinations
- Initiate, document, and communicate the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients
- Perform daily patient rounds
- Write orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests
- Interpret laboratory and test results
- Confer with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care
- Upon discharge, note discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts
- Inform patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions
- Nurse Practitioner license required
- Previous experience with adults highly preferred
- Strong clinical acumen and the ability to make informed decisions about patient care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a patient-centered approach
- Proficiency in interpreting diagnostic tests and medical imaging