About the Opportunity
Our client is a law firm located in Manhattan looking to hire a Junior Accountant. This position will be based in the New York office and will operate on a hybrid work model. This role assists with the implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s billing rates, including both the standard rate structure as well as non-standard billing arrangements. This is a great opportunity for a junior candidate to join a well-known firm and work with many talented seasoned professionals.
The annual base salary range is $55,000 to $70,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Assist with month-end closing and quarterly reporting process including assisting with accruals
- Reconciliation of accounts payable and other general ledger account balances
- Liaise with internal and external parties, including communicating with external auditors
- Prepare check and ACH payments
- Perform high volume invoicing
- Collect payments on past due accounts
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, AP/AR, or finance
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance preferred, along with any internship experience
- Recent College graduates encouraged to apply
- Strong customer service & communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel