About the Opportunity
A leading non-for-profit organization is seeking a Mental Health Counselor who will be tasked with proving individual, group, and family counseling services to their clients. Master Social Workers (MSW), Mental Health Counselors (MHC), and Marriage/Family Therapists (MFT) are encouraged to apply!
This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid-time, off, and more! The base hourly wage range for this position is $28 to $35/hr. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling for clients/families in compliance with regulations
- Conduct assessments of referred families according to established program procedure
- Maintain documentation of all client/family/collateral contacts
- Maintain correspondence for clients as required by the Family Assessment Service Plan
- Provide all case management services called for in Family Assessment Service Plan
- Attend clinical case conferences and staff meetings according to program procedures
- Participate in planning and implementation of client group activities, etc.
- Program phone coverage during evening and on emergency call list
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW), Mental Health Counseling (MHC) or Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) from an accredited school
- Knowledge of individual, family, and group therapeutic modalities
- Knowledge of child development and individual and family functioning
- Demonstrated ability to work with hard to reach or resistant individuals and families
- Excellent writing skills to fulfill state and city regulations for documentation