About the Opportunity
An established education network serving children living with developmental delays is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist for their West Hempstead academy. The qualified candidate who joins this team of licensed professionals can expect to create great advancements in their professional career. You will be surrounded by great leadership and an interdisciplinary team who will be there to guide you along the way. This beautiful campus has full-time and part- time hours available. On-site parking will also be provided.
The base pay range for this position is $45 to $50 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp-to-perm role. You can gain access to company benefits, paid-time, off, and more!
- Work in collaboration to ensure understanding of student strengths and need
- Evaluate and provide program planning/service delivery
- Direct program development and guide evidence-based interventions
- Develop intervention plans based on student needs and evaluations
- Review results and develop education/intervention plans to achieve necessary goals
- Collaborate to increase the understanding of student’s performance
- Follow treatment plan to improve, develop, or maintain child’s active participation
- Maintain updated records and documentation; make recommendations to reflect changing needs
- Communicate and interact with other team members, school personnel, and families
- Graduate from an accredited OT program recognized by NBCOT
- New York State OTR/L Licensure
- 1 year of experience as an Occupational Therapist, preferably in school system or other pediatric practice setting
- Experience working with children with disabilities is a plus