About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading New York-based not-for-profit that provides services and programs for individuals living with disabilities. They are seeking a Registered Nurse to work with their team and the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPPWDD). Under general supervision, this RN is responsible for providing evaluation, diagnosis, and therapeutic intervention in accordance with the company’s policies, the regulations and requirements of applicable regulatory agencies and the standards of the profession.
The annual base salary range is $70,000 to $85,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team and be responsible for coordinating and following through on provisions of health care services for assigned residences
- Conduct training for staff in medical administration, personal hygiene, basic first aid, dental hygiene, infection control, adaptive equipment, vital signs, signs and symptoms of illness and other in-services as may be necessary to meet needs of individuals in each residence
- Handle control of communicable diseases and infections through identification and assessment, reporting to consulting physician and implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures and staff training regarding infection control
- Develop, supervise implementation of, review and revise each resident’s written health care plan that is developed and implemented according to instructions of a physician and assessment. This plan should be reviewed and revised as needed
- Monitor treatment plan and progress
- Convey techniques to others
- RN license in NY
- Must have OPWDD experience