About the Opportunity
Our client is a renowned primary and specialty care center in Long Island that is in search of an Outpatient Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. The NP/PA has the responsibility and accountability for the assessment and management of patients, including ordering diagnostic tests, consultations, therapeutic interventions and the day-to-day implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of care.
The annual base salary range is $130,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Work in collaboration with the attending physician, primary nurse and other health care providers to provide family centered care
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical examinations, collect clinical data including vital signs, collecting specimens, prepare patients for tests, therapy, or treatments, order and interpret medical laboratory test results, diagnose medical condition of patient, administer medications or treatments and perform minor surgery
- Complete accurate patient coding for effective billing, maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports, and maintain inventory of medical supplies and instruments
- Initiate patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the plan of care as the patient’s condition warrants
- Orient and educate new staff in nursing techniques and departmental procedures
- Provide and oversee direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians’ orders
- Utilize knowledge of medications, procedures, infection control, and safety precaution; and initiates appropriate interventions in crisis situations
- Current NP (FNP, AGNP, or WHNP) or PA license required
- Must be registered to work in NY
- 1 year minimum of clinical experience or healthcare related field required
- Previous Women’s Health/ OB/GYN experience highly preferred