About the Opportunity
Our client is a non-profit organization in New York City that is seeking a full-time Nurse Case Manager to oversee the medical case management of the youth. This RN will promote and restore the health of patients in family foster care organization and provide physical and psychological support while working with an interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with this population.
The annual base salary range is $90,000 to $105,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Identify client care needs by establishing a comprehensive assessment of the health needs of children in care through direct means of interaction and in conjunction with the medical home staff and treatment team
- Establish care for children that will address current and future health care needs
- Act as a liaison between multiple providers in the provision of health services
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support.
- Promote client and family independence by establishing goals/education for conditions, medications, and self-care
- Document client care services by charting in patient and department records; on-going auditing of medical records to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Assist and support children in receiving special services such as early intervention and waiver services
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the health care team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods
- Liaise with hospitals if the child is hospitalized and attend conferences during hospitalizations to ensure discharge recommendations are implemented
- NYS RN License & BLS Certification
- Minimum 3 years of pediatrics experience required
- Case management experience preferred