About the Opportunity
Our client is an esteemed children’s center dedicated to providing services to medically fragile children with intellectual disabilities. They are seeking Physical Therapists for their clinic and school setting located in Yonkers and White Plains. In this role, you will be responsible for providing evaluation and treatment services to patients ranging in age from 0 -21 years. This newly renovated center includes on-site parking, provided equipment as necessary for treatment, and access to a pool!
The base pay for this position is $40 to $45 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid-time, off, and more!
- Evaluate and treat patients; help them through the therapeutic use of everyday activities
- Relieve pain, prevent disability, develop, and improve skills and restore function
- Implement and document patient status under the direction of the Rehab Director
- Act as a leader/mentor in your specific discipline
- Communicate daily with the team on the status, progress, barriers, and needs of the patient
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens
- Prepare documentation, progress notes, reports, and discharge summaries as required
- Abide by physiology best practices and standard
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy OR Certificate in Physical Therapy
- NYS License as a registered Physical Therapist (PT) or in process with a permit
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a clinical pediatric environment