About the Opportunity
We are partnered with an esteemed residential and day school that aims to serve the emotional needs of adolescent girls who cannot be served in standard high schools. They are currently seeking temporary part-time Physical Therapists in Long Island. In this position, you will perform therapeutic exercises, functional training, and physical modalities primarily to adolescent girls in a school setting. New grad Physical Therapists looking to create great advancements in their professional careers are encouraged to apply! Physical Therapist services will be needed 1-2 times a week and school hours are held from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
The base pay for this position is $45 to $50 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Provide remediation or compensation for musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, or cardiopulmonary impairments to increase a student’s ability to participate in various school functions
- Employ various techniques including addressing deficits in body structure and function
- Examine therapy status and make appropriate recommendations as changes occur
- Utilize the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) system to record all progress notes and documentation in a timely manner
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings
- Collaborate with other school personnel regarding the needs of the students
- Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- New York State Licensed Physical Therapist
- Basic Life Support Certification
- New graduates are welcome to apply