About the Opportunity
An established education network serving students living with developmental delays is currently seeking a Physical Therapist for their summer school programs. The qualified candidates who joins this team of licensed professionals can expect to create great advancements in their professional careers; you will be surrounded by great leadership and an interdisciplinary team who will be there to guide you along the way. You will be working in a beautiful campus and on-site parking will also be provided. New grad PTs looking to work in a school setting are encouraged to apply! Full-time/part-time hours will be available.
The base pay range for this position is $45 to $50 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid-time off, and more!
- Increase the student’s ability to participate in various school functions
- Remediate/ compensate for musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, or cardiopulmonary impairments
- Address deficits in body function and suggest adaptations to physical tasks
- Recommend assistive devices and monitor therapy status
- Make appropriate recommendations as changes occur
- Record all progress notes and documentation in a timely manner
- Utilize the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) system
- Valid State NYS Physical Therapy license from the New York State Office of Professions
- Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited program
- Experience working with children is a plus but not required
- Open to new grads PTs looking to work in a school setting