About the Opportunity
Our client is a social services organization in Brooklyn seeking a dedicated and compassionate Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join their team in a hybrid role. This PMHNP or PA will provide comprehensive psychiatric care to children and adolescents, including psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and therapeutic interventions. This position offers a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to support the mental health and well-being of young patients.
The annual base salary range is $110,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations and assessments for children and adolescents to determine diagnoses and develop individualized treatment plans
- Provide medication management, prescribing and monitoring psychotropic medications, adjusting dosages as needed, and monitoring treatment efficacy and side effects
- Deliver evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and other appropriate modalities, based on patient needs
- Collaborate with psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other healthcare professionals to provide integrated and coordinated care for young patients
- Monitor treatment progress and modify treatment plans as necessary, ensuring ongoing communication with patients, families, and the treatment team
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, including progress notes, treatment plans, and other necessary documentation, adhering to regulatory and organizational guidelines
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings, and professional development activities to enhance clinical knowledge, skills, and best practices in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Educate patients, families, and caregivers about mental health conditions, treatment options, and strategies for promoting well-being and resilience
- Stay updated on advancements in child and adolescent psychiatry through ongoing professional development and engagement in relevant research and literature
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards, maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy throughout all interactions and communications
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program
- Current and unrestricted Physician Assistant license in New York
- Experience working with children/adolescents highly preferred
- Previous psychiatric experience highly preferred
- New grads welcome to apply!
- Knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders, psychopharmacology, and evidence-based therapeutic interventions
- Excellent clinical assessment and diagnostic skills, with the ability to formulate accurate diagnoses and treatment plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish rapport with young patients, families, and caregivers