About the Opportunity
We are partnered with a NYC nonprofit organization that is looking to add a Social Worker to their location in Brooklyn. This hybrid role will demonstrate a sincere commitment to the organization’s mission, and be responsible for its execution. The right individual will maintain positive communication with clients and all collateral contacts, their family members, outside social service agencies, and company staff.
The annual base salary range is $55,000 to $65,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Provide all necessary Casework services (Assessment, Level 1 and Level 2 counseling) as deemed appropriate for clients
- Complete all necessary Casework paperwork in a timely fashion, computer work, telephone calls, outside paperwork and referrals, CIS system work, etc., as required by all VR clients
- Provide outreach services as necessary to advocate for clients
- Schedule and maintain client appointments
- Coordinate client services with outside social service agencies and other company instructors
- Assist in achieving department contract goals
- Facilitate social work support groups
- Excellent attention to detail regarding progress notes and report submission
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by the Director
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Experience in working with adults and children with disabilities is preferred
- Social Work Licensure in the State of New York – LMSW or LCSW