About the Opportunity
A beautifully renovated school in Queens is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to work with the pediatric population. The Speech Language Pathologist will be conducting one-to-one and group sessions, creating goals, and communicating directly with parents about their child’s progress. This school has many resources, strong leadership, and a lot of space/equipment to use. This school provides a warm, supportive, and structured environment that empowers the students within to achieve their highest level of independence.
This is a contract position and a temp-to-perm opportunity, with an hourly wage range of $42 – $48/hr. Compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things.
- Provide speech therapy to children with developmental disabilities in a classroom setting
- Conduct initial/ongoing evaluation of residents
- Participate in meetings with teachers, children, and families
- Assess the current level of communication functioning and preparation of written reports
- Provide therapy as mandated on the IEP
- Design and implement goals for individual, group & classroom therapy
- Attend all interdisciplinary meetings in accordance with the policies
- Participate in annual and graduate review process
- Perform other duties as necessary
- 1 year of pediatric experience
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- NYS SLP License
- TSSLD Certification