About the Opportunity
Our client is not-for-profit healthcare center currently seeking an experienced Surgical NP/PA to join their team. This provider assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients presenting with a variety of medical and surgical problems that range from chronic disease, acute illness, and episodic disorders to health care maintenance.
The annual base salary range is $125,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Perform the duties of the clinical functions of a NP/PA in surgery
- Recognize patients, who require immediate attention of a physician, and, when necessary, initiates, without supervision, emergency medical treatments
- Provide clinical management of the surgery patient in the acute care setting
- Arrange for consults at the direction of the attending physician
- Discusses treatment plans with the attending physician
- Develop, implement, and document treatment plans in conjunction with physician in a timely manner and according to standards
- May provide education, instruction, and counseling as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient and family regarding their plan of care and discharge planning
- NP or PA license required in the state of NJ
- 1 year of surgical experience desired