About the Opportunity
Our client is a a premier healthcare center in New York City that specializes in a number of primary and personalized care services. They are in search of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their dedicated team of urology physicians.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $190,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Provide care to new or established patients in collaboration with the physician
- Provide direct patient care, including patient assessment, review of symptoms, history and physical evaluation, ordering diagnostic testing, prescribing appropriate medication, and recommending follow up care and subsequent visits
- Counsel patients regarding preventative care, therapeutic options, the risks and benefits of recommended testing and medications
- Document all findings, orders, medications prescribed, procedure results, and plan for the patients in the EMR
- Handle telephone calls from patients, family members, referring physicians, and hospitals
- Generate letters to referring physicians and other practitioners, including the results of patient evaluations, recommended course of treatment, and follow up care
- Order testing as deemed necessary and remain proficient in interpreting results and prescribing appropriate medication and therapeutic regimen within the scope of practice of the nurse practitioner
- Hands-on care typically includes but is not limited to: administering medications, including bladder treatments, bladder scans, suture/surgical tape removal, wound care, including dressing changes, urinary catheter insertion, and removal, etc
- Active NY State License
- 1-2 years of prior experience working as a NP or PA
- Previous urology experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills