About the Opportunity
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers. They are looking to hire a Desktop Support Engineer to join their team as a consultant. The candidate in this role will provide 1st and occasional 2nd line technical support to employees, primarily based in the US. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount with prior experience in a technical role. This position will be based in the New York office and reports into the Head of US IT Support.
The base pay for this position is $35 to $40 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, across operating systems (Windows 10 and Mac OS X) both in-person and remotely via phone and desktop sharing software.
- Resolve common remote access problems, such as account lockouts, troubleshooting
- VPN/Duo and Citrix remote desktop/application challenges
- Logging incidents and requests in an ITIL based ticket management system and ability to be able to effectively prioritize and provide a point of escalation to other team members
- Setup and configure new IT equipment, including imaging and setup of new desktops/laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Provide local hands-on support for video conferenc1ng events and perform regular system health-checks
- Troubleshoot any issues with image builds within SCCM with other team members
- Work directly with end users across the company hierarchy to provide exceptional and courteous customer service
- Experience in a similar position at a financial services organization with a strong skill set in technology support
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Deploying and supporting Windows based workstations
- Citrix Products for remote access and published applications
- Microsoft applications – including SCCM and Intune
- Troubleshooting of the Windows 10 desktop
- Experience working with desktop and laptop hardware
- Supporting Apple and Android devices in an MDM environment
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework