About the Opportunity
Our client is a New York City non-profit that fights homelessness and supports those living with HIV/AIDS. They are in search of a Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant to provide on-going assessment, monitor treatment progress, document interactions, and maintain clinical records and other reporting data. The NP/PA will coordinate treatment with the counselor, the physician, and external health care providers.
The annual base salary range is $120,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Assess and establish a presumptive diagnosis and implements treatment plans for their patient population
- Prescribe, adjust or discontinue medications or therapies as appropriate
- Make accurate and complete entries into the electronic medical record
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing and consult as appropriate
- Prescribe appropriate medical therapy utilizing evidenced based practice
- Medication-assisted treatment following agency protocols
- NP/PA license in New York required
- A minimum of 1 year experience treating patients with substance abuse disorders/MAT
- Previous experience in mental health setting highly preferred
- Harm reduction experience highly preferred