About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading organization dedicated to supporting the needs of New York City electrical workers and contractors. They are seeking a motivated Pension Associate to join their team. Under general supervision, the role will report to the Supervisor and work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
The pay range is $25 to $28 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Open and sort mail
- Handle and assist membership through customer service in-person and over the phone
- Create a detailed Participant work history, vested pension statements and calculate monthly pension benefits
- Help prepare Pension Committee meetings
- Track disability pensioners requirements, re-evaluations, and Early Retirement requirements
- Assist in explaining NEBF & IBEW Pensions and all fund distributions (annuity, 401(k), etc.)
- Work closely with other departments
- May perform other clerical duties and special projects as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Certified Notary Public required
- Banking/Financial Customer Service experience preferred
- Must possess excellent telephone, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate with members, internal departments, supervisor, and internal co-workers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; ability to do data entry into database applications (i.e., File Maker)