About the Opportunity
Our client is one of the largest Canada-based multinational banks. It serves more than 23 million customers in over 55 countries around the world and offers a range of products and services including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking. They are looking to hire an experienced Product Controller to join their team in New York for a long-term contract opportunity. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to support the front office and other internal stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to multiple areas within the bank and have a positive impact on supported projects.
The base pay for this position is $40 to $50 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Work closely with front office trading personnel in producing daily, weekly and monthly P&L results and analysis
- Investigate and resolve P&L discrepancies arising from incorrect booking of trades, missing deals, system errors, or valuation issues
- Independently validate trading position valuations and calculate required reserves
- Generate ad-hoc reports to satisfy various financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Complete the month end close process for balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation
- Ensure compliance with internal and external audits
- Driving process and system improvements through leading and participating in various project initiatives
- Continue developing and improving the Internal Control environment through critical evaluation of current controls and processes and utilization of best practice.
- 5+ years of progressive experience working within capital markets / finance / product control roles
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Strong Excel skills required (VLookup, Pivot tables, general formulas)
- Working knowledge of general accounting (IFRS / US GAAP)
- Equities product knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive professional relationships with the Front Office and other support/control groups