About the Opportunity
Our client is a New Jersey-based investment and asset management firm that is in search of a strong Senior Accountant to join their team for a temp-to-perm opportunity! The right individual in this role will be proficient in NetSuite and have 5-7 years of relevant experience at a broker dealer / asset management firm or general financial industry experience.
The base pay range for this position is $50 to $55 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, commissions payouts, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Multi-state/multi-cost center payroll managed through ADP
- Multi-state registrations
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Create and maintain employee files and monitor credentials for state compliance
- Facilitate and record employee expense reimbursement process in Netsuite
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Efficiently process vendor invoices and maintain up to date system with proper coding
- Vendor Management
- Coordinate approval processes for all accounts payable invoices
- Review payment schedules and identify issues
- Ensure data accuracy
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Perform Cash Reconciliation within accounting software – Netsuite
- Prepare Cashflow Forecasts
- Prepare inter-company reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly management reports
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- 5-7 years of experience at a broker dealer / asset management firm or general financial industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (accounting or finance)
- Hands-on experience with Netsuite accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills