About the Opportunity
Our client is an addiction treatment center in Northern New Jersey that aims to lead those struggling towards long-term recovery. They are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join a dynamic team in delivering substance abuse and relapse prevention counseling services within the facility. Documentation includes progress notes on all services, screening tools, service plans, intake assessment forms, group sign-in forms, and group notes.
The annual base salary range is $50,000 to $70,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Conduct pre-intake client screenings
- Conduct alcohol and other drug withdrawal and drug use assessments and screenings
- Complete a comprehensive assessment of each client
- Provide case management services as needed
- Document all client care services and maintain chart documentation, paperwork for referring agencies, and outside support services
- Conducts client orientation and discharge planning for clients
- Coordinate care with external and internal providers/resources (i.e. court appointments, medical procedures, parole/probation)
- In coordination with the clinical team develop and implement substance abuse and/or relapse prevention treatment plan for the client
- Develop and implement a substance abuse /relapse prevention and recovery related group curricula
- Attend all appropriate meetings, participate in appropriate case conferences, treatment plan meetings
- Supervise clients adherence to program rules and regulations
- Perform various other tasks and responsibilities as appropriate and required
- Perform necessary follow-up on clients’ requests for outside appointments, phone calls, home visits
- Must have either of the following (required): Master’s in Social Work, Master’s in Psychology, or Master’s in Mental Health Counseling.
- Must have either of the following (required): LCADC, CADC, LCSW, LPC, or CSW
- Must be licensed in NJ
- Experience working with co-occurring disorders, evidence-based practices, knowledge of recovery, addiction, and relapse process.
- An understanding of mental health and substance abuse issues required, and the ability to manage crisis situations preferred