About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading healthcare organization that specializes in urology, cancer and blood treatments. They are seeking a skilled and compassionate Urology Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) to join their dedicated team in New York City. They provide high-quality healthcare services across a wide range of specialties, and are are committed to delivering exceptional patient care.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $190,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- In collaboration with the physician, provide care to new or established patients
- Provide direct patient care, including patient assessment, review of symptoms, history and physical, evaluation and ordering diagnostic testing, prescribing appropriate medication, and recommending follow up care and subsequent visits
- Counsel patients regarding preventative care, therapeutic options, the risks and benefits of recommended testing and medications
- Document all findings, orders, medications prescribed, procedure results, and plan for the patient’s in the EMR
- Handle telephone calls from patients, family members, referring physicians, and hospitals
- Generate letters to referring physicians and other practitioners, including the results of patient evaluations, recommended course of treatment, and follow up care
- Order testing as deemed necessary and remain proficient in interpreting results and prescribing appropriate medication and therapeutic regimen within the scope of practice of the nurse practitioner
- Hands-on care typically includes but is not limited to: administering medications, including bladder treatments, bladder scans, suture/surgical tape removal, wound care, including dressing changes, urinary catheter insertion, and removal, etc.
- Active NY State License
- 1-2 years of prior experience working as a NP or PA
- Previous urology experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills