About the Opportunity
Our client is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing resources to underserved youth in New York. They are looking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager to support the Assistant Director of Accounts Payable on all matters related to the research, maintenance, and implementation of Accounts Payable functions and procedures.
This is an excellent contract-to-hire opportunity that offers a hybrid schedule, with an hourly wage range from $30.5 – $33/hr. Compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things.
- Responsible for full AP cycle: research, allocate, and record invoices. Obtain approvals and ensure they are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Assist with overseeing and managing scanned invoices within Filebound and monitor invoices stored with Cityside Archives.
- Monitor and run aging reports for weekly check run. Identify and resolve any issues preventing timely disbursements including credits.
- Assist with reviewing and approving all entries in the department for batch posting
- Liaise with various departments in respect to approval of invoices and payments
- Assist with setting up new vendors in MIP accounting database
- Negotiate with vendors to receive better terms and avoid finance charges and late fees
- Assist with managing rush requests within the department
- Maintain utility accounts and rent facilities schedule
- Liaison for the department regarding all inquiries from the Accounts Receivable Department
- Supervise, coach, and develop two Accounts Payable Specialist by providing guidance with technical assistance on systems, account codes, and vendor classification. Support staff with complex problem solving and troubleshooting
- Build relationships with program to meet the needs of the department
- Ensure that the proper financial information is maintained for historical purposes and in accordance with agency policies. This includes invoices, documentation, and W9 files.
- Monitor outstanding check request advances, run quarterly reports, and contact Division Directors as needed
- Manage, audit, and reconcile Chase Visa statement for all cardholders
- Manage, prepare, mail, and file annual 1099s timely
- Assist the Assistant Director of Accounts Payable whenever needed
- High School Diploma or equivalency with five years of experience in Accounts Payable required; Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience needed
- Must be able to establish and maintain AP operating procedures and processes and effectively communicate to staff
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, MIP accounting software a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess competencies in decision making, staff management, attention to detail and multi-tasking. Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills required.