About the Opportunity
Our client is a $6B AUM global private equity fund that is seeking an Assistant Controller / Senior Fund Accountant to join the finance function. This role will report into the CFO and work closely with two other fund accountants. This is a very technical and complex organization, so the exposure is tremendous. They do everything in-house, so you’ll be working very closely with everyone at the fund. You will be in meetings with the stakeholders, and the quality of work done is higher than any bigger shop! The responsibilities of the role will include fund accounting, budgeting and forecasting, treasury, capital calls/distributions, responses to investor inquiries, special projects.
The annual base salary range is $125,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Private Equity Fund Accounting Expertise: The candidate should have extensive experience in private equity fund accounting, including various calculations such as carried interest, distributions, claw backs, fund waterfalls, management fees, LP capital calls, and distributions. They should be proficient in preparing GAAP-based financial statements and supporting audits
- Treasury and Cash Management: Ability to handle treasury functions such as wire transfers, cash entries, cash management, and bank reconciliations. Experience with multi-currency transactions and managing forward and spot FX contracts is essential
- Investor Relations: The candidate should be able to efficiently respond to ad hoc investor information requests and provide detailed and informative answers in a timely manner. Experience in providing tailored investment fund-related support for partners is necessary
- Fund Structures Knowledge: Familiarity with various fund structures including waived fees, continuation funds, credit facilities, co-investment vehicles, and special purpose vehicles
- Intercompany Transaction Reconciliation: Ability to reconcile complex intercompany transactions for multiple entities using various currencies
- Financial Reporting: Proficiency in preparing quarterly and annual fund books and records in accordance with GAAP, including financial statements, partners’ capital allocations, LP capital account statements, and summary investment schedules. Assist with audit-related processes
- Capital Activities Management: Prepare distribution and capital call schedules, reconcile incoming/outgoing funds related to capital activities, and ensure accuracy in investors’ capital notices
- Credit Facilities and Reporting: Track credit facilities, prepare quarterly reports to banks and financial institutions, and reconcile accounts receivable from affiliated entities
- Regulatory Compliance: Prepare governmental filings such as FBAR, FATCA, and BEA. Coordinate with outside tax preparation providers for tax needs, including the preparation of K-1s and reviewing tax returns
- Portfolio Valuation: Participate in portfolio valuation processes and incorporate changes into fund models. Coordinate with the internal deal team for supporting information.
- Investor Relations Support: Respond to various investor-related requests, coordinate partner banking details with the treasury team, and work with the investor relations group to post client deliverables to the investor portal
- 8+ years of experience in Private Equity fund accounting, preferably in smaller firms
with internal (as opposed to outsourced) accounting processes
- Extensive experience with Excel-based fund reporting
- Hands-on mentality and an ability to work independently
- Certified Public Accountant