About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading alternative investment manager with investments in private equity, credit and real estate. This is a global company with significant growth over the last 25 years and a long track record of success. Reporting directly to the Fund Controller, you will support the ongoing management of various direct origination platforms. They are currently working on a hybrid schedule of 2-3x a week in the office.
Lead month-end close process, including completing a NAV package with all the relevant supporting documentation, calculating performance figures, assisting with corporate and regulation S-X reporting.
Review quarterly SEC filings (10Q/10K) and financial statements.
Work on various model and review expenses analysis and other projections.
Lead discussion with various vendors and third-party providers of services including sub-administrators, custodians, transfer agents and valuation firms.
Identify and analyze daily cash activity for various fund entities and coordinate with administrator and the deal team for activities.
Verify portfolio pricing to internal model and third-party sources. Supervision of third-party valuation firms on quarterly valuation process.
Assist the Senior Controllers and CFO with special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- College degree with a competitive GPA and demonstrated math or analytical ability
- 4-8 years relevant (portfolio and partnership accounting) work experience
- CPA preferred
- Mix of Private and Public accounting experience preferred
- Previous Public/Private Fund/ CLOs/Credit Hedge Fund/Financial Services experience a plus.
- Previous experience evaluating process controls, procedures, and flows
- Previous experience with valuation of illiquid and liquid assets
- Ability to take initiative and be accountable for running a process to conclusion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to synthesize and see the big picture
- Ability to juggle more than one project at a time and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Altyrex, Anaplan or Power BI a plus