About the Opportunity
One of the largest alternative asset managers in the world is looking to add an Associate Director to their team. The Tax Associate Director will be responsible for all income tax matters related to tax compliance and reporting for Securitized Products platform. The firm pays extremely well, and they provide a lot of flexibility and work-life balance. They are currently on a hybrid model of 3 days a week in the office.
The annual base salary range is $80,000 to $115,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Manage day to day administration of all tax matters for Atlas Securitized Products platform
- Develop and set up relevant tax processes within Atlas SP Platform
- Manage external tax service providers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tax compliance and reporting outputs
- Assist external tax service providers with preparation of supporting schedules and workpapers and review of quarterly and annual investor reporting such as tax estimates, schedule K-1s, and tax returns
- Analyze and review book-tax M1 adjustments, partnership agreements, and partners’ tax allocations, including tax waterfalls.
- Coordinate review and analysis of portfolio companies for multi-state and international tax implications
- Assist with investment-related tax research and planning
- Coordinate with fund controllers to acquire vital financial data
- Respond to requests for information between the various groups within the organization such as investor relations, marketing, finance, and legal.
- Review and assist in resolution of U.S. federal, state, and local tax notices
- Calculate & coordinate tax payments/refunds for U.S. federal, state and foreign income tax reporting/withholding with finance teams
- Manage tracking/scoping of legal entities and maintain annual tax calendar to ensure completion of all relevant filings
- Prepare various quarterly management tax reporting packages for Atlas SP platform
- Assist in managing internal tax documentation
- Contribute to special projects and research assignments
- 6+ years of Corporate & Partnership Tax Experience from a CPA firm or Financial Services institution required
- Tax Reporting experience required
- CPA or parts passed preferred