About the Opportunity
Our client is a global consumer goods company that has been in business for over 30 years. They are actively hiring a Controller for their Bergen County, New Jersey office. This position will support an excellent CFO in helping to modernize the accounting department by using technology and implementing the best practices. They are acquisitive and growing. This position will manage a team and lead the reporting and metrics to Senior Management.
The annual base salary range is $160,000 to $220,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Be responsible for the Accounting, Accounts Payable and Credit and Collections functions
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reporting packages for third party lenders and the Board of Directors
- Account reconciliation preparation and review on a monthly basis
- Prepare and review Journal Entries
- Liaise with outside Audit firm on year-end audit, tax provisions and tax returns Analysis of monthly results, with a focus on Actual vs Budget variances Responsible for sales tax related compliance Credit Limit review and recommendations
- Supervise accounts receivable collection process
- Supervise accounts payable process including invoice entry, approval, and payment Identify, implement, and document process improvements, including automation, across the finance function? Provide support to other departments in the organization, including ad-hoc analysis
- Create, update, and maintain SOPs for all key finance functions
- Identify metrics and design specific reporting to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 10+ years of full-time accounting experience, with the last position being Controller or Assistant Controller
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to explain complex financial data in clear, straightforward language