About the Opportunity
Our client is a vertically-integrated asset management firm that has been able to attract top talent and investment professionals to diversify and launch new funds. They are actively hiring a Director of Fund Accounting to play a hybrid role in valuations and accounting. This is an exciting time to join the team, as they are expanding the firm and their accounting team. The CEO has a people-first frame of mind with a culture that is very collaborative. Earlier this year, they hired a superstar CFO who is supported by a MD and a team of all-stars. This is a unique opportunity where you will have excellent mentors to teach and guide you to the next step in your career.
The annual base salary range is $120,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Responsible for valuation control framework, including independent price verification, valuation, fair value measurement, and fair value hierarchy levels.
- Coordinate valuation process, reviews of third-party valuation providers and perform independent valuation analysis pursuant to firm policies.
- Prepare management materials for valuation committee meetings.
- Oversee funds’ NAV finalization process, including P&L reconciliation and allocation to investors, for open-ended and/or closed-ended private fund structures; investigate and resolve discrepancies with third party fund administrator and internal teams
- Review and reconcile the calculation and payment of management and carried interest and/or incentive fees in accordance with the funds’ governing documents
- Review capital calls and distributions allocations and notifications
- Approve client capital account statements generated by third party administrators
- Prepare quarterly unaudited financial statements and annual audited financial statements in accordance to U.S. GAAP and coordinate with external auditors for the year-end audit process
- Prepare monthly attribution performance reporting to senior management
- Prepare and review monthly fund forecasts, NAV performance estimates, and other ad-hoc requests/projects
- Prepare inputs for annual regulatory reporting, investor letters, custom client reporting, and firm level reporting
- Liaise with various internal teams including Operations, Investor Relations, Management Reporting, Tax, and Legal and Compliance
- Prepare and review expense allocations, operating expense budgets, and vendor expense payments
- Review fund legal documents and continue to streamline or build processes and templates
- Engage in special projects and involve in firm strategic initiatives; assist with the creation and implementation of procedures, workflows, and controls
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 6+ years of relevant product control or valuations experience developing, reviewing valuation and other financial models
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Structured Credit, Alternative Credit, Private Equity and Reinsurance experience is preferred
- Enfusion and Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required