About the Opportunity
Our client is one of the largest alternative asset managers in the world and they are expanding! They are seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to sit in on the fund’s Management Company and be responsible for supporting the broader corporate controller team in day-to-day accounting, reporting, and analysis. This position will get exposure to all three lines of business: credit, private equity, and real assets teams. The firm provides a lot of flexibility and work-life balance, and they are currently on a hybrid model of 3 days a week in the office.
The annual base salary range is $72,000 to $95,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Lead month-end close process, including completing a NAV package with all the relevant supporting documentation, calculating performance figures, assisting with corporate and regulation S-X reporting
- Review quarterly SEC filings (10Q/10K) and financial statements
- Work on various model and review expenses analysis and other projections
- Lead discussion with various vendors and third-party providers of services including sub-administrators, custodians, transfer agents and valuation firms
- Identify and analyze daily cash activity for various fund entities and coordinate with administrator and the deal team for activities
- Verify portfolio pricing to internal model and third-party sources. Supervision of third-party valuation firms on quarterly valuation process
- Assist the Senior Controllers and CFO with special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- College degree with a competitive GPA and demonstrated math or analytical ability
- 4-8 years relevant (portfolio and partnership accounting) work experience
- CPA preferred
- Mix of Private and Public accounting experience preferred
- Previous Public/Private Fund/ CLOs/Credit Hedge Fund/Financial Services experience a plus.
- Previous experience evaluating process controls, procedures, and flows
- Previous experience with valuation of illiquid and liquid assets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Altyrex, Anaplan or Power BI a plus