About the Opportunity
One of the largest alternative asset managers in the world is looking to add a Senior Fund Accountant to their team. The Senior Fund Accountant will work on multiple complex Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPV”) structures and partner with a variety of groups to support the firm’s largest PE Funds and other Funds. The firm pays extremely well, they provide a lot of flexibility and work-life balance. They are currently on a hybrid model of 3 days a week in the office.
The annual base salary range is $85,000 to $120,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Assist with month-end close process, including completing a NAV package with all the relevant supporting documentation, maintaining the Fund-level waterfall, calculating performance figures, coordinate investor reporting to limited partners, assisting with corporate and regulatory reporting
- Create and/or review financial statements, facilitate the audit and provide information for tax preparation annually
- Calculation of management fees & other fees on PE style structures
- Cash management of Funds including updating and reviewing the daily cash reports of over 100 SPV’s, cash and stock distributions and capital calls
- Daily review of trade and cash reconciliations reports received from the Operations teams and assisting in investigating cash and positions breaks between Funds books and various custody platforms
- Reviewing the admin books on quarterly basis and help resolve any difference in the books
- Analyze and prepare expense allocations and budgets between multiple legal entities
- Maintain fund general ledger and prepare partner capital activity notices including distribution waterfalls
- Extensive P & L Analysis & General Ledger Maintenance; participating in project appraisal both current and old including providing AUM and IRR data to AUM/Performance team
- Responsible for Fund expense payments, trade settlements, budgeting and as well as fixed income projections
- Maintenance of hedge package documentation and Hedge effectiveness.
- Complete ad hoc and special projects and initiatives as directed
- 2-5 years of fund accounting or fund audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree with majors in finance, accounting and /or economics and a Post Graduate Degree or its equivalent qualification. CPA a plus.
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise. Luxembourg, Singapore and Hong Kong GAAP’s a plus.
- Working knowledge of VPM and Investran a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel