About the Opportunity
Our client is a bank in New York City with a tight-knit team of auditors. They are looking to add a new Manager of Internal Audit to manage the commercial banking audits. The bank has a great reputation with very little turnover, as most people have been with the bank for 5+ years. They have a great company culture and quality of life for their employees.
The annual base salary range is $130,000 to $190,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Perform detailed execution of audits with some oversight from the Deputy Chief Internal Auditors
- Meet with stakeholders to address their questions and discuss audit findings
- Lead communication efforts with clients, as well as audit management and maintains ongoing dialog with key stakeholders regarding risks identified and necessary improvements required to be made to the control framework
- Verify prompt and adequate resolution of issues raised by the Bank’s management, regulators and Internal Audit
- Build effective working relationships across the organization
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- May draft reports
- Work on special projects and ad hoc assignments
- Perform other duties as requested
- 6+ years of internal audit experience with experience with commercial banking and a certification
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study
- Certified with a relevant professional designation (CPA, CIA, CFE, CAMS, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interface with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders.
- A record of accomplishment for acting with complete confidentiality and the highest integrity and professionalism
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word).
- Sound independent judgment
- Knowledge of commercial banking products and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to evaluate lines of business, independently perform walkthroughs, propose testing scope, and execute testing autonomously with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated knowledge of auditing standards and procedures