About the Opportunity
We are partnered with a NYC-based diversified, absolute return-oriented multi-strategy fund generally focused on capacity constrained, arbitrage, systematic and relative value strategies. The Fund utilizes a multi-manager, multi-strategy approach, investing in wide range asset classes. The firm is seeking an Operations Specialist who will report to the Head of Operations for the firm.
The annual base salary range is $130,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Trade confirmation/affirmation and settlement for listed and OTC products
- Daily reconciliations (positions, activity & cash), processing of corporate actions, option exercise/assignments
- Submission of third party trade files to our counterparties (execution platforms, prime brokers, fund administrator)
- Working closely with traders, prime brokers, fund administrator.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics and 5-7 years of experience in a hedge fund or financial services operations role is required
- Solid knowledge of credit and equity products both listed and OTC (e.g., Corporate/Government Bonds, Bond TRS, CDX/CDS, Common Stock/ADR, Equity Swaps/CFD’s, Equity/Index Options, etc.)
- Understand CTM matching process for all eligible Equity/Bond products
- Understand OTC affirmation and settlement process. (CDS, OTC, FX)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). VBA knowledge a plus
- Experience with Imagine Software, Bloomberg, Electronic trading platforms and Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services is preferred