About the Opportunity
Our client is a private real estate investment firm in search of a Data Analyst to join their Financial Planning & Analysis department in New York City. This role is responsible for multiple data sources as well as finding new and innovative data sources that will provide additional information to stakeholders. They will also work closely with all departments of the organization to provide value-added analytical reporting through ad hoc requests, a thoughtful understanding of the data and constant communication with other departments in the organization.
The pay range for this position is $35 to $45 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Deliver focused reporting and business analytics for the firm
- Load and verify data received from third-party data sources into Power BI
- Be responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of data loaded into Power BI from internal systems (DealPath, eBuilder, SAP, etc.)
- Assist in the implementation of new systems or modules
- Assist in compiling and loading historical data sets into the proprietary databases
- Assist in procuring and reporting on property taxes across our portfolio
- Partner with the requestor to understand business problems/challenges and create meaningful and creative solutions to address these problems/challenges
- Support the FP&A team in sourcing additional feeds into Power BI to assist the Investment, Asset Management and Accounting teams
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain efficient reports, visualizations and dashboard solutions to enhance end users understanding of information
- Work closely with end users in developing new visualizations in Power BI and ad hoc reporting requests
- Develop reports and data analysis using advanced functionality within Microsoft Power BI/Excel
- Prepare and present concise summaries to explain findings, limitations and recommendations based upon actionable insight
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in data modeling
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Exposure to Power BI Desktop and Power Pivot
- QQL & DAX skills; some R, Python, and PowerShell a plus
- Working knowledge of BI solutions and their component tiers: Data Integration/ETL, Data Warehouses/Marts, Business/Metadata layers, Dashboards/Reports, etc.