About the Opportunity
Our client is a global alternative asset management firm seeking an Operations Analyst to join their team. The Operations group is responsible for directing, prioritizing, and allocating resources to meet the Firm’s portfolio management, trading and investor servicing needs. Operations ensures that our business runs smoothly by maintaining a control environment that safeguards clients’ assets. This role will provide reconciliation for all Exchange Traded Derivatives, as well as mitigate counterparty risk for the firm via management of collateral across various products.
The annual base salary range is $70,000 to $90,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Manage the issuance and response of daily margin call activity for Futures, OTC, and Repo.
- Investigation and dispute resolution for margin discrepancies for both initial margin and variation margin.
- Maintaining collateral balances and inventory across large number of counterparties and Triparty accounts.
- Reconcile activity, positions, and cash balances across exchange traded derivatives at multiple FCMS (Futures, Cleared IRS, Cleared CDS, TBAs, etc.)
- Process and reconcile lifecycle events on different products such as CDS defaults, coupon payments, month-end interest, etc.
- Daily interactions with traders, operations, accounting, and treasury, as well as external custodians and executing brokers to resolve all trade and balance breaks.
- 3+ years of experience at a fund, investment bank or a relevant finance firm is required
- Experience with collateral management and reconciliation
- Familiarity with TriResolve, TriMargin, Marginsphere, Geneva, TLM (Smartstream)
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Excel and usage of base-level functions (Pivots, V-Lookups, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize, identify and escalate issues when necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to partner with teams across Operations, technology and the trading desk.