About the Opportunity
Our client is a national law firm with over 250 employees seeking a temp to long-term Senior Accountant. Working as an integral member of the finance department, the individual in this role is responsible for various general accounting responsibilities, including monthly close analysis and reconciliations, collaborating with budget holders, preparing financial statement variance analysis and commentary, preparing various survey reporting and leading new vendor set up process. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with firm personnel of all levels is a must.
This is a long-term temp position with an hourly wage range of $40-45. Compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things.
- Prepare various month end reconciliations, accruals and various other journal entries
- Prepare monthly cash journal entries based on banking activity (i.e. service charges, interest credit card fees, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Accounts Payable team to ensure all necessary reclasses are processed
- Oversee the Information Technology (IT) Budget process
- Act as point person for reviewing the IT budget during budget revisions
- Prepare commentary on the IT budget for the budget package
- Prepare the monthly actual versus budget variance for IT department budget for monthly financial statement reporting package
- Lead the firm’s accounting for equipment leases
- Act as financial liaison with Accounts Payable and the Information Technology and Office Services departments regarding the firm’s equipment leases. (managing monthly invoices for payment, tracking payments, and setting-up ACH pulls for new lease schedules, buyouts and upfront sales tax payments)
- Prepare quarterly lease obligation worksheet for the quarterly loan reporting package.
- Facilitate new vendor due diligence– verbally confirm address and wire instructions (if applicable)
- Prepare various quarterly and annual surveys
- Other financial related projects and duties, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, with at least one college Accounting/Finance class taken (knowledge of debits and credits)
- 3+ years of pertinent experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently and maintain professional relationships with all levels of firm personnel
- Solid written and verbal skills, organizational abilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work as an integral member of the Finance Department Team