About the Opportunity
Our client is a fast-growing investment manager that specializes in Real Estate. They are in search of a skilled Staff Accountant to add as a new member to their team on Long Island! This position will support the Controller and CFO, and will help with closing, analysis, and preparation of property financials and ad hoc projects.
The annual base salary range is $70,000 to $85,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Perform monthly period end procedures to close the Firm’s books in a timely fashion
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly financial statements of over 100 properties under management
- Prepare top end journal entries for accrual purposes
- Act as a liaison between the company and external auditors, lawyers, and banks
- Perform detailed critical analytics to identify cause of fluctuations quarter-over-quarter
- Report to controller/CFO and assist with ad hoc projects as necessary
- 1-2 years of Public Accounting experience
- Big 4 of mid-sized firm preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree