About the Opportunity
Our client is a global platform that is actively searching for an experienced Tax Manager to join their dynamic team in New York City. This role offers the unique chance to be part of an industry giant that connects millions of people to live events. As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for managing various aspects of the global tax function, including compliance, reporting, planning, and general tax operations. Reporting directly to the Head of Global Tax, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with external tax advisors, finance, legal, and other cross-functional teams. This company offers a vibrant and inclusive work environment, encouraging collaboration and flexibility. The Head of Tax is not only a sharp leader but also a mentor who values both intellect and camaraderie.
The annual base salary range is $140,000 to $170,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Manage the income tax compliance process, including preparation and review of all U.S. federal, state and local, and international tax returns, prepared by external advisors.
- Assist and work with external tax advisors to prepare the quarterly and annual global income tax provisions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740
- Develop tax-related internal controls in accordance with SOX
- Maintain and monitor tax calendar to ensure timely filing of all income tax, sales and use tax, VAT, property tax, gross receipts tax, and other tax filings
- Manage processes related to all indirect taxes, including sales/use tax, VAT, property tax, gross receipts tax, and other applicable taxes to ensure compliance
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality
- Collaborate with external tax advisors, accounting, finance, legal and other cross-functional business partners building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Assist with tax planning projects and provide support for new strategic initiatives, business transactions, restructurings and acquisitions
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and analyze the implications to the Company
- 5+ years of related tax experience, including at a big 4 public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree with a CPA; Masters in Tax preferred
- Strong foundation of tax technical knowledge, income tax compliance and provision experience
- Strong knowledge of corporate taxation
- Exposure to international tax issues, a plus