About the Opportunity
Our client is a Top 10-ranked alternative investment firm that specializes in managing hedge funds and private equity funds globally. The firm has almost 400 employees and roughly $40B AUM. They are in search of a Tax Manager to manage compliance and work on SPV’s, international, system and process improvements, exposure to planning and structuring, and other ad hoc projects. This is a newly-created position on the tax team due to growth. They are looking for someone who is a team player with strong communication skills, as this role also interacts heavily with operations, legal, investor relations and other C-suite professionals. Hours here are typically 8-9am-6/6:30pm, and roughly until 7pm during busy times. The company offers extremely competitive compensation, over 4 weeks of vacation, outstanding insurance and retirement benefits, an impressive office in NYC, and the opportunity to work for a best-in-class firm.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $175,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Be responsible for the tax work on domestic and offshore special purpose vehicles
- Calculate/review the necessary tax adjustments (including wash sales, constructive sales, market discount, outside K-1 pick-ups etc.) for Davidson Kempner’s main investment Funds
- Review partnership and corporate, federal and SALT tax returns prepared by outside accounting firm
- Review partnership allocations and K-1s prepared by outside accounting firm
- Work alongside members of the tax structuring team and coordinate information as it relates to US tax compliance
- Suggest process improvements and build out of new technology initiatives, including use of Alteryx and other internally developed applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation with relevant work experience, preferably Taxation
- 5-6 years of experience working in a public accounting firm or asset management group preferred
- Working knowledge of the tax code and tax regulations
- Alteryx experience preferred