About the Opportunity
Our client is one of the largest global alternative asset managers and they are seeking a Valuations Associate Director to report to the Director of Valuations. The role will be a part of the global team responsible for Private Equity, Credit and Real Estate portfolio valuations, as well as valuation-related exercises for the fund’s public company reporting. The Valuations professional will also provide a range of key portfolio company statistics and fund level results to various groups at the firm, including Marketing, Legal, Financial Reporting, Controllers, Budgeting, and Investor Relations. They are currently on a hybrid model of 2-3 days a week in the office.
- Facilitate the Valuation Process in the Credit segment – generally a quarterly process covering a wide variety of asset classes across hundreds of borrowers/issuers
- Value financial instruments and complex securities across the capital structure independently, including loans, equity (common/preferred), convertibles, and warrants
- Leverage and continue to develop a deep technical strength in the valuation of alternative assets, serving as a firm resource for that expertise and sharing that knowledge throughout the firm
- Develop valuation methodologies and models for new investments and challenge methodologies and assumptions for existing investments utilizing technical knowledge
- Collaborate with investment teams to understand new investments and deal origination assumptions
- Create summary materials and present to valuation committees for review and approval of significant changes/events, valuation and market trends, and key judgments
- Coordinate with third party valuation firms and deal teams to create accurate, timely valuations
- Perform advisory valuation services to various business units on an ad hoc basis
- Review and update Fund reports and Marketing materials sent to existing/potential investors. Present on valuation procedures and best practices to existing/potential investors.
- Prepare documentation in support of compliance with SOX and external audit requirements
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience building valuation models (DCF, Comp Multiple and Option Models)
- Knowledge of capital markets/ illiquid valuations (bank loans, mezzanine loans, and private equity)
- Ability to complete financial models under the pressure of tight deadlines, and apply modeling techniques to
- Understanding of Alternative Investment strategies and products
- Strong functional background working with Excel. Familiarity with Capital IQ and Bloomberg a plus.
- Finance, Valuation, or Investment Banking training program preferred
- CFA professional designation or working towards, a plus