About the Opportunity
Our client is a financial technology company with a global footprint and they are looking for an AWS DevOps Lead to report to the Senior Engineer. The role will assist with the development and deployment of the enterprise solution in AWS cloud environments. This person will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to develop enhancements and coordinate deployment efforts. The AWS DevOps Lead will be working with the IT team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $175,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Build cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS via infrastructure-as-code, utilizing Terraform
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Understand object-oriented programming (emphasis on Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
- Leverage Automation / DevOps principles, and utilize previous experience with operational tools, and able to apply and evangelize best practices for infrastructure and software deployment
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Docker, Git, Jenkins and deploying applications on AWS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, or Python including object-oriented design.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with test driven development, SOA
- Experience architecting and operating systems built with Amazon Web Services
- AWS Certifications
- Experience with AWS CLI